Why Hire Veterans? It’s Good Business.
Veterans transitioning from the military and returning to civilian life face a daunting process of starting a second career. Employers recognize the value veterans bring to their workplace, and are actively seeking veteran talent to fill critical needs in their workforce. The Wisconsin Veterans Chamber of Commerce works with employers to assist them in developing veteran hiring initiatives, training their staff to interview and assess veteran applicants, and establishing procedures and programs to retain their best veteran employees.
Recruit & Retain VeteransWhether you’re a small business or a Fortune 500 company, hiring veterans is an investment in your organization that will pay dividends. We help you recruit and retain the best veteran employees for your business.
We have assembled a directory of resources for employers and hiring professionals. Find the resources you need to recruit and retain the best veteran talent to your organization.
EVENTSOur Veterans in the Workforce events feature workshops and presentations from business leaders and experts.
Find businesses and companies near you hiring veterans and their spouses on the Job Center of Wisconsin’s job board.
To Post or Search for Employment on Wisconsin Jobs for Vets Website.
- This website is a part of the WI Department of Workforce Development
- This website is free to use for veterans looking for employment
- This website is free for employers to post employment opportunities for veterans
- Create an individual login - Quick 3-step process
- Select if you are an Employer or Job Seeker
- Employer- submit business information and an agent will connect with you to get you started with posting employment
To use the State of Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development Website
Veterans Employee Roundtable Group (VERG)VERG is dedicated to supporting veteran affinity groups through sharing best practices, networking, guidance and mentorship, and collaborative approaches to supporting veterans and employers in Wisconsin.